We know you want differentiated products because you told us in recent surveys we conducted.
Our updated and enhanced Personal Accident & Sickness product is our first refreshed product including direct feedback from our broker partners.
As always terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Review the Summary of Benefits and Exclusions and refer to the PDS.
The key updates include:
- Redrafted and restructured the PDS to:
- Simplified the language with the aim of more clearly stating the terms of the policy.
- We've been able to remove General Conditions section by including conditions under the relevant benefit sections.
- One key condition that has been extended is to specifically address follow up treatment and cover for a period up to 24 months from Injury rather than restricted to usual market standard of 12 months.
- The Pre-Existing Medical Condition definition has been updated to include a time frame (note that congenital or degenerative conditions and ongoing or recurring medical conditions (conditions that keep coming back) are still part of Pre-Existing Medical Condition definition) and we will also apply the time frame to the inception date of the first Period of Insurance to provide continuity of cover when renewing the policy.
- General exclusions have been reduced including the removal of:
- blanket mental health exclusion;
- under influence of intoxicating substance exclusion (other exclusions and provisions already address);
- Terrorism exclusion;
- War exclusion updated to write back cover for Passive War (outside Australia and when not taking part).
- New benefits including optional ones available to tailor coverage:
- When Sickness cover is included there is a new automatic benefit: 'Weekly Benefit for Spouse/Partner Care' which provides up to $750 per week for up to 12 weeks toward Spouse/Partner's weekly Salary where they have ceased permanent employment and no longer earning a Salary because they are providing full time care to the claimant as certified necessary by a Doctor.
- When Lump Sum Benefits are included we have extended to include Loss/Damage to Teeth up to $1,000 in addition to Fractured Bones up to $3,000.
- Funeral Benefit is available as an optional benefit for reimbursement of funeral, burial or cremation and associated expenses; or returning body or ashes to a place nominated by the legal representatives of the estate following Accidental Death, up to $10,000.
- We've included two new optional 'benefit packs' to allow cover to be tailored and extended:
- Lifestyle Protection Benefits: Work Commuting Benefit, Domestic Support Benefit, Out of Pocket Expenses Benefit, Unexpired Membership Benefit.
- Family Protection Benefits: Transport & Accommodation Benefit, Dependent Children Care Benefit, Dependent Children/Orphan Benefit.
- Exposure and underwriting criteria changes:
- 'agreed value' is now available up to a maximum of $1,500 per week.
- occupation list extended and includes more than 780 to select from.
- maximum age of 80 years old on the inception date of the Period of Insurance.
- Hazardous Activities are now clearly excluded as standard in support of automated approvals however you can declare activities and request cover, a referral will be sent to our underwriters for review.
- An epidemic or pandemic related exclusion has been added and applies to travel outside Australia where the epidemic or pandemic (as announced by the government of Australia or World Health Organisation) was in existence prior to commencing travel or which was foreseeable to a reasonable person.
In addition to updating the product we've also refreshed our broker portal based on user testing and feedback from our valued broker partners.
Check out Updated Broker Portal Experience to see an outline of what the key improvements to the quoting experience are.
Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Please refer to PDS.
Blend Insurance Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN: 47 617 346 353 AFSL: 500768) ('blend') is an underwriting agency and acts as agent under a binding authority for the insurer, Australian branch of Allied World Assurance Company, Ltd (ABN 54 163 304 907) (‘Allied World’). In all aspects of arranging this Policy, Blend act as agent of Allied World and not as your clients agent.
The content contained on this page is intended for insurance intermediaries only. The insurance products referred to on this website can only be purchased through a broker. Any information contained in this website has been prepared without taking into account your client’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision to purchase the product, we recommend that your client considers whether it is appropriate for their circumstances and reads the Product Disclosure Statement (‘PDS’) and all relevant policy wording, a copy of which can be obtained by contacting blend.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article